DGS, the General Directorate of Health in Portugal, recommended the use of cloth face masks, as an additional protection measure to those already existing – social distance, respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene – to face the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which accelerated the demand by the general population for this type of mask.
INFARMED Maks intended for use within the scope of Covid-19 – Technical Specifications
DGS Covid-19: Mitigation Phase – Use of masks in the community
EURAMATERIALS materials for marks for community use
Material database for community use masks
ISQ provides the necessary tests and supports the manufacturer in the preparation of the product’s technical file and also provides, in the case of a positive evaluation, the approved product seal.
HOW WE DO IT
We carry out the tests recommended by the supervisory authority (INFARMED) technical specifications, namely:
- Filtration Efficiency (FE) – PO.M-DM / GAS035 (based on EN 13274-7: 2019)
- Breathability – EN 14683: 2019
- Revaluation of characteristics after 4 hours of use
- Revaluation of characteristics after 5 washes
- Revaluation of characteristics after 20 washes
- Revaluation of characteristics after another number of washes specified by the manufacturer
To issue the declaration of conformity and supply of the seal, ISQ needs:
- Evaluate the product dossier (which can be done by the manufacturer or by ISQ)
- Manufacturer’s declaration of commitment attesting to the product reference and that the production batches are in accordance with the samples delivered for evaluation and that it is your entire responsibility to ensure that the batches placed on the market correspond to the samples analyzed.